pandasmom

pandasmom
2 of my kids and me

Saturday, June 20, 2009

My Sister Friend

I know that it has been a while since I have been here. Lots going on at work and I have been so busy! Not a lot of knitting going on except for a few cloths and started a Manicure Sock using Paton's Croy Sock Yarn - the stretchy one. I am watching Ara today so no knitting group this morning.
WWKIP day was a great success and the weather co-operated too! We had about 30 people and it was a lot of fun. Glad we didn't try to do it today! It is just too hot!!

I want to tell you about my friend, Nan.

My precious friend and co-worker, Nan Whitley is dying. She has cancer in her pancreas, lungs, liver, and bones. She was diagnosed last July 21st, and has fought the fight. Nan has always been a fighter~I told her that she was like a bulldog ~ always digging!! But she taught me a lot, not only about work, but about being a strong Christian woman and a true servant. Nan was always helping others. She worked through her church, but also had some extra food at home that she gave to others. And she blessed so many families during the holidays. I remember her excitement one year as she had 2 small bicycles that had been donated to the children of the family she was helping that year. She would not have been more excited if it were her own children getting the bikes! She was always helping others, and worked 60 to 70 hours a week. And she had a gentility about her that was amazing ~ she is a true example of the virtuous woman in Proverbs 31. Nan kept her home in order and always had a home cooked meal for her family at the end of the day.

Nan is one in a million and she is my dear friend. I will miss her so badly!

But I know that she is going to see Jesus and she will be whole and no longer in pain. And I thank God for her being my "sister friend". Nan is only 54.

Please keep her husband of 30 + years, and her 3 children in your prayers. As you can imagine. they are all devastated.

Thanks for letting me vent!! Later ~

No comments: