pandasmom

pandasmom
2 of my kids and me

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

July

and it's already July 8th. Boy! Is this year flying by or what! And it is action packed in my little corner of the world. DIL is 13 weeks, and beginning to have the early pregnancy "pooch". I love it! This is beginning to make it all really real! Yesterday, I found out that another friend is pregnant as well, and is due a week after ours. Does that count as extra knitting time? I hope so. I wanted to do blankets for my pregnant friends, but there are so many of them and so little time. I have started knitting burp pads, an easy pattern I found on Ravelry, and will possibly do a hat and booties for them all. Of course, our new little one will be getting a "blankie" from grandma!! I have fallen in love with the Log Cabin pattern from Mason Dixon - one with acrylic leftovers (mostly Vanna's Choice) and one in baby colors. Maybe the baby one will go to one of the pregnant friends!!
Also knitting Pedicure socks, a pattern I got when I bought the stretchy Paton's Kroy Sock yarn. Lovbe the way it is knotting up, but stretchy yarn is unusual to work with, to say the least. I just finished a picture cloth that I started in May! Now that's bad - too long for a dishcloth!!
Also still have 3 potato chip scarves otn, but they have been put away until cooler weather.
Work continues to take up most of my time. My company announced a pay decrease that will last until January, No raises until January (yes, this was my month!), and more business coming on August 1. Really makes no sense to me, but I am so grateful to havbe a job that I am not saying a word. However, for them to say "we are cutting you pay for 6 months, and, oh yeah - here is more work for you" is kinda like an oxymoron. Oh well, who am I to say!
A serious yarn diet here!!
Later ~

1 comment:

Cronitty said...

Hi, I'm glad you started to write on your blog more often.:) Hope we'll see on Saturday.